For safe drinking water, there are multiple purifiers available in the market although the two most popular water purifiers options in India happen to be Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Ultraviolet (UV) technique-based purifiers. Most consumers are either unaware of the options available or find it difficult to make a distinction between two purification methods. This is the reason people end up buying the wrong water purifiers.
In this article, we will provide you with information that helps you in selecting the most appropriate purifiers.
What is RO and How does it work?
Reverse Osmosis RO water purification process involves the filtration of water through a semipermeable membrane. RO purifiers are best for water with high TDS content. So if you are staying in an area where the water supply contains a high amount of TDS, it is recommended to buy the RO water purifier for safe drinking water.
The disadvantage of having a RO water purifier: While there are no major drawbacks of an RO purifier, a reverse osmosis system, however, is not as effective in killing microorganisms.
Ultraviolet Water Purifier
UV purifiers have a chamber containing a UV lamp, and when the water passes off through this chamber, UV light does its job in deactivating harmful contaminants.
However, UV purifiers are not effective in lowering the TDS value. If your water supply is of low TDS and is contaminated with microbe only, it is recommended to go for a UV water purifier.
A UV purifier is not effective for water with high TDS content.
UV purifiers are largely inexpensive as the major function of the UV is only to kill microorganisms present in water with low TDS value while the RO purifier due to its multi-scale performance is expensive.
Energy Efficiency and Time To Purify
Almost every electrical appliance comes with an energy-saving feature. Due to the several-stage filtration process, RO purifiers require more energy when compared to UV purifiers. Time matters, even for purifiers, due to the difference in the purification process, UV filters cleanse water in much less time than RO purifiers.
UV purifiers do not require additional water for the purification process, hence zero water wastage. RO filters need additional water for the purification process, and this drained-out water is undrinkable due to the high TDS levels but can be stored with a tank for domestic purposes. Thus wastage of water can be saved with RO if stored properly.
The only way to decide on the correct water purifier for you is to get a LAB test for your water.
Why OneDios for repair and servicing?
- Multiple plans and options on our platform. Plans from the OEMs and other Service providers are available for easy comparison.
- Competitive pricing of these plans by respective providers
- Buy instantly in a seamless and paperless online transaction.
- The contract becomes available instantly.
- No need to keep and store paper copies of the contract
- Raising a request as part of the service plan becomes a matter of a few seconds
- Auto schedule happens for your service visits as per your service plan. You can choose to accept them or move to a more convenient slot just at the click of a button.
- You can view the complete Service history for ready reference
- Allows end consumers to rate service and AMC.
- Quickly raise a ticket directly with the OEM of the service provider
OneDios aims to transform the customer service experience for end customers. This vision cuts across all products and the services they avail of. You can buy your AMC on OneDios here. You can also download the OneDios app or visit the OneDios website to buy a maintenance contract.
Request Karo Relax Karo!