RO AMC -should you buy for your home?
The quick and short answer is YES. Please read the complete blog to understand what type of RO AMC should you buy. We shall also try to give the reasons for our recommendation.
RO for pure water at home
The last few years have seen a sudden rise in pollution levels. The quality of the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the food we eat have also gone down because of pollution. Polluted air, water, and food can cause multiple health issues. Several products have been launched in the market to counter the ill effects of pollution. RO water purifier is one such product. It has proven to be a very effective and affordable method for water purification. The success of the RO water purifier can be seen in the fast adoption of this technique. Sales of new RO units each year is rising steadily. This growth has also seen the launch of a lot of brands in the market today. Notable amongst them are Kent, ZeroB, Eureka Forbes, AO Smith, Livpure, AquaFresh, AquaGuard, etc.
Timely and regular RO Service is important
Just because you have bought an RO, please don’t think your water worries are over. The purchase and installation of a RO unit is not enough. Pure and safe drinking water can only be available when your RO unit works properly. And that will happen when the RO unit filters and performs optimally. Over the passage of time, the filters and membrane of a water filter unit get clogged. Regular RO service and timely replacement of such damaged and clogged components can help ensure the continuous working of your RO.
An annual maintenance contract for RO is a good tool to provide for the above-mentioned requirements and reduce cases of break down.
There are numerous types and variations of AMC plans available in the market for RO units. An end consumer needs to select a suitable plan according to his requirement and budget. Regular repairs and maintenance of the water filtering system ensure healthy and unadulterated drinking water 24/7, at all times of the year.
You should evaluate different AMC plans before the free service or warranty period expiry for your RO. Also, it is important to understand what all is part of the AMC and what forms the list of exclusions. The price of these AMCs also differs from models and brands.
Types of RO AMC available in the Indian market
- All-inclusive AMC with labor contract – As the name suggests this is a comprehensive plan. This plan practically covers everything that could go wrong with your RO. It also covers regular RO service. Such plans cover even expensive parts like RO motor.
- Spare components and labor inclusive RO service contract– Constant wear and tear warrants the replacement of some parts regularly. e.g. water filter. Such RO AMC plans cover those replacements along with regular service of the RO.
- Labor only AMC contract – Such type of AMC plan just ensures that the RO service happens as per the contract periodicity. A labor-only contract does not cover spares or parts.
OneDios recommended AMC type
A household cannot afford to compromise on the quality of water it uses for drinking and cooking. Also, any breach in the continuous availability of water can bring the household chores to a stop. If such an event happens, help should be instant. Ideally, intervention should be proactive. Your home should not be at the mercy of a RO service provider or their availability. The best is to engage with a dependable RO service provider well in advance for your RO AMC. It is preferable to buy an AMC contract that includes service and components which require periodic replacement. That is Option 2 from the above selection.
Option 1 – Comprehensive AMC plans are usually cost high. Such plans also cover parts like motor etc which seldom go bad. We do not recommend Option 3- Labor only RO AMC contract. Such a contract just opens the door for the technician to push spare sales.
AMC for your RO on OneDios
Why OneDios for RO AMC?
- Multiple RO AMC plan options. Plans from the RO OEMs and other Service providers are available for easy comparison.
- Competitive pricing of these plans by respective providers
- Buy instantly in a seamless and paperless online transaction.
- The contract becomes available instantly.
- No need to keep and store paper copies of the contract
- Raising a request as part of the RO service plan becomes a matter of a few seconds
- Auto schedule happens for your RO service visits as per your service plan. You can choose to accept them or move to a more convenient slot just at the click of a button.
- You can view complete RO Service history for ready reference
- Allows end consumers to rate RO service and AMC.
- Quickly raise a ticket directly with the OEM os service provider
OneDios aims to transform the customer service experience for end customers. This vision cuts across all products and the services they avail of.