Kitchen appliances are one of the most expensive investments that homeowners make. Dishwashers were created to simplify our lives and lessen our workload through quick dishwashing. Nobody enjoys washing many dishes by hand every day after every meal. Dishwashers save us time, energy, effort, and money without sacrificing cleanliness. So, dishwashers must be used and maintained correctly to last them long-term. However, if you feel that your dishwasher service is due, download the “OneDios” app and generate a service request in a few clicks.
While a dishwasher isn’t designed to last forever, it should last about 10 years on average. Several factors impact the lifespan of your dishwasher, from usage to loading dishes in it to how to clean it and many more. Working on these basic details will help reduce the wear and tear of the dishwasher. Follow these tips to make the most of your dishwasher, keep it running smoothly, and minimise repairs.
- Ensure regular use
To keep your dishwasher in excellent condition, free from debris buildup and requiring frequent cleaning, you should use it regularly.
- Use the dishwasher correctly
- Always scrape solid items or leftovers from the dishes before loading them in the dishwasher. No pre-rinse is required. The hard bits like bones and toothpicks can clog the drain, tear the filter or damage the pump. Scrape the plate but don’t rinse it.
- Ensure that hot water reaches the dishwasher; otherwise, the dishwasher will have to run longer to reach and maintain the optimal temperature.
- Use only dishwasher detergent or cleaner to wash. Using a good quality detergent in the correct quantity is very important for a dishwasher. If you have any questions regarding detergent or dishwasher service, raise a service request with OneDios, in just 60 seconds.
- Do not put non-dishwasher-safe items in the dishwasher. Some things should never be cleaned in it as they could get destroyed, and certain items may destroy the appliance. Fine China, wood, copper, cast iron, delicate glassware, candle jars, jars, and cans with paper labels are some of them.
- Run full loads, do not overfill or partially fill the dishwasher. You reduce the number of uses and wear-tear of the machine parts by running a full load. Overfilling may save time, water and energy, but it prevents soap and water from reaching every surface properly. Partial filling allows dishes to bang against each other, risking breakage.
- Load the dishwasher correctly. Filling the dishwasher incorrectly can affect its overall cleaning performance. Many items are dishwasher-safe only when set on the top rack, and other dishes must be on the bottom rack. Put glasses, bowls, cups, and oversized serving utensils on the top.
Plates, pots, pans, and utensils should be on the bottom.
- Clean the filter
The filter present at the bottom of the dishwasher prevents large food particles from getting into the drainage system. So, the filter should be cleaned regularly. Examine the filter for holes each time you clean it. If it has holes, replace it immediately to avoid seeds, bones, or other solid objects getting inside the dishwasher pump, which would be much more expensive to fix or replace than the filter. For extended warranty or dishwasher service, you can download the OneDios app and book your dishwasher service in a few seconds.
- Remove hard water residue
The dishwasher or the dishes may become discoloured or develop mineral deposits, or the rack rails and wheels move with resistance if the water is hard. You could use a citric-acid-based dishwasher cleaner or descaler to remove hard water deposits and limescale once a month. You could also use a regeneration salt to soften the water, improve cleaning, and prevent mineral buildup.
- Remove gunk from the door seal
The dishwasher edges and door seals are mostly overlooked and dirty, leading to mould, mildew growth, odour-causing bacteria, or even preventing the door from closing completely. Clean the edges and door seal with a cloth and white vinegar solution to remove the residue every month.
- Keep the spray arms and the dishwasher clean
Check the spray nozzle in the wash arms to see if the holes are clean and food debris-free. If you suddenly realise that your dishes aren’t clean after a cycle, inspect the spray nozzle immediately. A blocked spray nozzle will affect the dishwasher’s spray pattern and ability to clean your dishes thoroughly.
You should keep your dishwasher clean and in good condition. Check out the owner’s manual for instructions on cleaning your dishwasher, including how frequently to run the cleaning cycle. While cleaning, remember to clean the drain at the bottom of the dishwasher. When the drain in your dishwasher gets blocked, it will work less effectively and more laboriously to clean.
- Regular service and maintenance
Dishwasher maintenance should be regulated according to instructions given in the user manual every once in a while. The dishwasher is simple to clean. Run an empty dishwasher once in a while with a cup of baking soda and 1.5 cups of vinegar. This will freshen and clean the insides of the dishwasher.
If any parts of your dishwasher have become faulty or broken over time, get them checked by a professional immediately before replacing them. If a warranty still covers your dishwasher, look into it before paying for repairs or replacement parts. If you feel that your dishwasher service is due, download the “OneDios” app and generate a service request in a few clicks. You can also buy the extended warranty and AMCs for all dishwasher brands like Bosch, LG, Voltas, etc.
Many of us take for granted having clean dishes at the touch of a button until our dishwasher breaks down. Use these dishwashing cleaning tips to prevent broken parts, mineral buildup, and other costly appliance repairs. Don’t hesitate to call OneDios for a dishwasher repair service if you detect any problems, such as water sitting at the bottom of your dishwasher or patchy dishes after a load.
Remember that if you want your dishwasher service or installation done, OneDios provides all kinds of services. OneDios gives you services in just 60 seconds. No need to call customer service of any brand; download the OneDios app and raise a dishwasher service request in a few clicks. If purchased and used smartly, the dishwasher’s monthly cost is way less than the savings you will make in the long term. At OneDios, you can also schedule the next dishwasher service in advance. OneDios now covers over 1350+ cities in India.