Microwave ovens have become an important home appliance in our kitchens. This appliance is like a blessing in our busy lives. It can warm your food instantly, defrost food and even cook the food for you with just a tap of a button. Some microwave ovens also have various features to cook your food according to specific needs like the tandoori, grill, or bake mode. Like any other electrical home appliance, a microwave oven also needs regular maintenance for efficient functioning.
Here are a few tips for the efficient functioning of your Microwave Oven:
1. Clean regularly
Regular cleaning of the microwave is essential to avoid the build-up of food leftovers inside and maintain hygiene. Leftover food can consume extra energy and reduce efficiency. To clean your microwave after every use, unplug it and clean it with a damp cloth.
2. Correct Dishware
You should use only microwave-safe dishware in the microwave oven to avoid fire or short-circuit. Ceramics, plastics, and glass items are generally safe to use in the microwave. But to remain on the safer side, make sure to use only microwave-safe label items for efficient functioning. You should never use the following dishware items inside your microwave. It can cause serious damage and might even catch fire :
- Aluminum foil
- Ceramic that is not microwave-safe
3. Don’t operate when empty
Avoid running the microwave when there is nothing inside. The internal components of the microwave can absorb excessive heat and cause major damage to the appliance. In this case, you can book your service with OneDios for microwave repair and service.
4. Know what not to put inside
To prevent damage to the microwave and possible injury to yourself avoid heating a few food items in the microwave oven. There are a few food items that might not withstand the high heat and explode. These include potatoes, chili pepper, hot dog, and eggs.
5. Know where to place it
Most microwaves available in India a countertop to release excess heat through vents on the back and sides. To ensure that heat is being released efficiently, make sure to place your microwave away from the wall and leaving out space around it.
6. Prevent door damage
The microwave oven’s door consists of three different switches inside it. If you slam the door too hard, it might cause damage to these switches. You should always close and open the microwave door gently to prevent hefty repair costs. Also, keep in mind that the door doesn’t bang on the sidewall while opening it.
7. Raise a request with OneDios
OneDios is a one-stop-shop for all your service, complaints, and repair requests. Download the OneDios app and upload the details of your appliances today. OneDios will help keep track of all your previous services and schedule your home appliances’ next maintenance in advance. You can also buy the extended warranty and AMC’s for them.
Why OneDios for AMC?
- Multiple AMC plan options on our platform. Plans from the OEMs and other Service providers are available for easy comparison.
- Competitive pricing of these plans by respective providers
- Buy instantly in a seamless and paperless online transaction.
- The contract becomes available instantly.
- No need to keep and store paper copies of the contract
- Raising a request as part of the microwave service plan becomes a matter of a few seconds
- Auto schedule happens for your Microwave service visits as per your service plan. You can choose to accept them or move to a more convenient slot just at the click of a button.
- You can view the complete Service history for ready reference
- Allows end consumers to rate service and AMC.
- Quickly raise a ticket directly with the OEM of the service provider
OneDios aims to transform the customer service experience for end customers. This vision cuts across all products and the services they avail of. You can buy your AMC on OneDios here. You can also download the OneDios app or visit the OneDios website to buy a maintenance contract